Okeep a can or two of All Gold Chopped Peeled Tomatoes available this winter so as to add flavour to soups, stews and spicy curries. For much more selection, attempt their Mexican, Indian, Italian and Mediterranean Fashion flavours
- 100g butter
- three onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 knob ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cans ALL GOLD Chopped Tomatoes
- 15ml salt
- 15ml turmeric
- 5ml chilli powder
- 15ml floor cumin
- 15ml floor coriander
- 4ml curry paste
- 65ml ALL GOLD Peach Jam
- 1kg stewing lamb
- Olive oil
- 500ml water
- 2 inexperienced chillies, seeded and chopped
- 6 curry leaves
- 45ml chopped recent coriander
- 10ml garam masala
- roti or rice
- sambals, sliced banana and coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Soften the butter in a heavy-based frying pan and sauté the onions till calmly browned and caramelised. (Don’t rush this step, it’s essential.) Take away the caramelised onions and put aside.
three. Mix the garlic, ginger, tomatoes, salt and all of the spices together with the jam in a meals processor and mix collectively to kind a rough paste.
four. Brown the lamb in the identical saucepan during which the onions have been cooked and add a little bit of oil, if needed. Take away and place in a casserole dish.
5. Add the spicy tomato paste, caramelised onions, water, chillies and curry leaves. Cowl and bake for two hours.
6. Take away from the oven. Verify the seasoning and stir within the recent coriander and garam masala.
7. Serve over rice or with roti, with sambals, sliced banana and coconut.
Serves 6 individuals