This fast and straightforward coconut chicken curry recipe from Meals Stuff, by Tony Jackman, R320, (Human & Rousseau) pairs completely along with your favorite craft beer
- 2T ghee (clarified butter)
- 1t cumin seeds
- 1t fennel seeds
- 1t black mustard seeds
- 6 cardamom seeds in their pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small onion, chopped very finely
- 3cm piece of recent ginger, peeled and finely grated
- three cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- three–four chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips on the diagonal
- 2–three pink chilies, finely chopped, with their seeds
- 2T lime juice
- 2T darkish soy sauce
- 1 can coconut cream (not milk)
- salt to style
- Asian noodles or basmati rice, to serve
- Soften the ghee in a wok.
- Add the jeera, fennel, mustard and cardamom seeds, in addition to the bay leaves and cinnamon stick, and braise till the seeds begin to crackle.
- Add the onion, ginger, and garlic and prepare dinner, stirring, till softened.
- Add the chicken strips and chopped chili and stir-fry till the chicken turns creamy white throughout; solely a couple of minutes as you don’t need it to overcook.
- Stir in the lime juice and soy after which instantly pour in the coconut cream whereas stirring.
- Add salt to style.
- Simmer, stirring, for two–three minutes and serve with Asian noodles or basmati rice.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)