So right here’s my dilemma: I want a fourth baby, however my husband doesn’t. And I’ve no good reason to again up my baby fever.
Fact be informed, my husband would have been completely positive had we stopped at two kids. We had one boy and one lady — the “good” household. It took plenty of convincing, however my husband ultimately acquired on board with baby quantity three. “That is the final one, I promise!” I declared. Particularly towards the top of my third being pregnant, I used to be all like, “Yeah, I’m by no means doing this once more.” We even bought a bunch of boy garments as a result of our third was lady.
Shock! Now that our youngest is 16 months outdated, baby fever has reared its ugly head once more. I’m just like the mother who cried wolf.
For a number of months now I’ve been dropping unsubtle hints to my husband, like, “When now we have another baby …” or “June can be a great delivery month, don’t you suppose?” The daddy of my three kids merely provides me “the look” and insists he’s performed. Nonetheless, apart from this passive-aggressive banter, we haven’t had a critical dialog about including to our household — till the opposite night time. Right here’s the checklist of cons he got here up with:
• There can be a virtually 7-year age hole between our oldest and youngest kids. (OK, so?)
• We solely have a three-bedroom home. (Whats up. Room sharing. Our ladies already share a room. Plus, we simply put new carpet within the basement; so we might ultimately flip that right into a bed room if wanted.)
• We might be beginning throughout at new child stage. (Sure, the primary couple of months are tough. However newborns are additionally intoxicating.)
• We’d be spreading our time/assets even thinner between 4 kids. (True. However aren’t we additionally giving our children the present of another sibling?)
• Infants are costly. (Can’t argue with that.)
He then requested me why I wished to have a fourth youngster. What had been the advantages?
I sat there, defeated. “There aren’t any logical causes to want another youngster,” I informed him. “Infants are exhausting and costly. Another one means much less time to ourselves, much less sleep and extra stress. I don’t have any ‘good’ causes to want 4 children. However that doesn’t change the truth that I do.”
(Associated: Listed here are 9 horrible, no-good causes I want to have another baby.)
Sure, some days I really feel like I’m in over my head with three kids. However the considered eliminating all of the baby stuff and ending this chapter in our lives is insufferable. (I’m 29.) I nonetheless really feel like somebody is lacking from our household. And I can’t shake the sensation that 4 is our magic quantity.
Pictures by Michelle Stein