- Kelsey1231 says, “I’m going via a section round 14-16 weeks the place shampoo simply stops working to wash my hair. It’s DISGUSTING. Dish cleaning soap works. Good for my hair? No. Higher than wanting like a greased pig? Completely.” Although I by no means had that drawback, fairly just a few folks backed her up, so perhaps give it a attempt if your shampoo isn’t working.
- Bugsy1220 suggested everybody to “sleep on your facet with a pillow between your knees.” I did this, plus a pillow alongside my again and two below my toes. I had an entire pillow fort happening and it was superb.
- A number of posters agreed with Eaglehaslanded, who stated to not brush your tooth once you’re actually nauseous. Ew. I can solely think about.
- NoseDive had a terrific answer for her sore bottom: “For my second child, I had THE worst tailbone ache within the third tri. It killed me to sit down, rise up, sit up and automobile rides have been the worst. I purchased a donut pillow and it turned my butt’s greatest good friend😄”
- momagain2015 says, “Panty liners are nice to keep away from moist pants when sneezing or puking make you pee just a little.”
- Newtielove had some actually fashionable recommendation on what to do once you go into labor.”In the event you don’t have a particular want that requires you to go to the hospital instantly, take a bathe. Shave, wash your hair, moisturize. If in case you have lengthy hair, braid it or pin it up in a cushty type so it stays neat and out of your face. This fashion, if you find yourself performed laboring, you will nonetheless really feel comparatively clear and comfy, since it could be a number of hours or perhaps a few days earlier than you are feeling nicely sufficient to bathe once more, relying on how labor goes. Plus, having one thing to do will maintain you from working to the hospital too quickly – labor goes a lot quicker when you labor longer at residence.”
- Fellow BabyCenter blogger Ashleigh Evans reminds everybody to pack chapstick and gum as a result of your mouth will get so dried out throughout labor!
- Newmommamaddie wrote, “Don’t take good underwear to the hospital! You’ll smash it, the hospital underwear is ugly however so value carrying. Pads oh god you possibly can’t have sufficient pads after giving beginning.” Yep. Preach, sister.
- Alongside these strains, don’t neglect BabyCenter blogger Michelle Stein’s frozen condom tip (impressed by one other neighborhood thread — severely, you guys are geniuses)
- PackersFamily says, “I can rattling close to guarantee you, you gained’t want hair merchandise like curling irons and so on, you gained’t want denims or any uncomfortable ‘cute’ clothes. Pack comfy unfastened becoming garments, heat socks for the reason that hospital is freezing, issues to do like motion pictures, books. You’ll be sleeping and sitting round for some time throughout restoration. Hell, I’d even deliver my very own pillow and blanket this time since I used to be so chilly.” Completely deliver the fuzzy socks (perhaps with tread, since flooring are slippery).
- Kickerbaby24 says, “If that is your second pregnancy and you’re feeling nice after beginning, please nonetheless take these ache killers. The after beginning contractions are worse with each beginning particularly throughout breastfeeding.” Ohhhh…remembering these after beginning contractions is making my uterus cringe even now.
- pearlslaceandammo says, “Lean ahead once you pee after you’ve got LO. It’ll maintain the pee off your stitches, which burns like hell. Take your time with your first PP poop.”
- KoC1220 writes, “Steal the entire issues from the hospital. Particularly diapers and a shitton of big pads/mesh underwear. They’re your good friend. ” **(In response, hopefulmumfl cautions, “As a nurse I chortle once I learn this. We will fortunately provide you with something you want. However some ladies take issues too far. One girl was discovered to have a stethoscope, hospital thermometer, suction tubing (???wtf) in her bag on the best way out. One other girl actually picked up considered one of our big orchid crops and began strolling out with it. Diapers, sure… wipes, sure… pads, sure… hospital gear and decorations… NO!!”
- oneoneseven says, “After beginning you will be ravenous. You will wish to ship DH (pricey husband) for an enormous ass burger and fries. Accomplish that if you want however whereas he’s gone eat a hella ton of prunes. I’m critical women. It’s an important factor to pack in your hospital bag. DO NOT EAT THEM BEFORE YOUR BABY IS BORN. “
- And once you get residence, TangledMess86 says, “Get a small nightlight for your toilet. Eventually you’ll be up at night time peeing – it’s easier to get again to sleep when you keep away from vibrant overhead lights.” OMG YES!!
Once I take into consideration my mother having me, two months after she moved cross-country, with no web and no assist besides my dad and no matter books she discovered on the library…I feel we’ve come a good distance.
Photographs by iStock
For extra youngsters’ actions and simple recipes, you’ll find Laura at Peace however not Quiet, and on Fb and Pinterest.