DOWNLOAD THE FREE SHOPPING LIST
- 15ml butter
- 15ml olive oil
- three small leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g blended mushrooms,
- giant ones sliced, or small ones left entire
- 5ml contemporary thyme leaves, chopped
- 250g Arborio rice (for risotto)
- 80ml dry white wine (non-compulsory)
- 750ml vegetable or hen inventory
- 125g bacon, cooked and diced (non-compulsory)
- 100g child spinach leaves
- 5ml finely grated lemon zest
- 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Warmth the butter and oil in a big pan. Gently fry the leeks and garlic over a low warmth for five–7 minutes, or till gentle.
- Stir within the mushrooms and thyme. Cook dinner, stirring continually for three–four minutes, or till the mushrooms are gentle.
- Improve the warmth and stir within the rice, stirring till the entire grains are coated within the mushroom combination.
- Add the wine, if utilizing, and prepare dinner, stirring, for two–three minutes or till the liquid has evaporated. Stir within the inventory and produce to the boil. Switch the combination to an ovenproof casserole, cowl and bake within the oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Stir within the cooked bacon, child spinach and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir within the lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Put aside and depart coated for about 2 minutes.
- Serve sizzling with finely grated Parmesan cheese.
COOK’S NOTE This dish makes a hearty fundamental meal. Alternatively, serve it with a inexperienced salad as a aspect dish to a crisp, roast hen.