Add additional flavour to this French basic by including bacon and sage and serve with crusty bread. Attempt the chicken liver pate recipe from Meals Stuff, by Tony Jackman, R320, (Human & Rousseau)
- 100ml butter
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 200g bacon cubes (reduce from thick bacon)
- 200g chicken livers
- 1t floor coriander (seeds, not leaves)
- 6-7 sage leaves, finely shredded
- 2T brandy
- 100ml cream
- salt and floor black pepper to style
- Soften many of the butter and sauté the onions and garlic till softened.
- Fry the bacon cubes in a separate pan till carried out.
- Add the chicken livers to the primary pan, together with the bottom coriander and sage and prepare dinner for three minutes or so. The livers ought to be a little bit pink within the center.
- Pour over the brandy and flame.
- Pour within the cream and prepare dinner for 1 minute. Season with salt and floor black pepper.
- Mix till the combination is coarse slightly than easy. Add the bacon cubes and stir, then spoon into ramekins.
- Soften the remainder of the butter and pour excessive.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Serve with crusty bread.